Doorbell cameras are the latest technology replacing traditional doorbells. It is used for home security and safety. The doorbell camera is connected with the mobile phone or your computer. It records the movement of anything in front of the door.
The doorbell camera provides several functions. It may record a short clip of the movement, an audio-video message of the person standing in front of your door, or it notifies you when a person is standing on your door.
Do Doorbell Cameras Record all the Time
The doorbell camera provides security to homeowners and shows a clear picture of all the events happening outside of the home. A two-way doorbell camera is in fashion nowadays. Many people are using it as it provides the facility of answering to the visitor. The two-way doorbell camera makes the communication essay. It offers better security and safety.
When it comes to the duration of the recording of doorbell cameras, there are two types. One of them records the video of a few seconds when any movement happens. In contrast, the other one records video all the time. Let’s explore these two types in detail.
Short duration recording doorbell cameras
Most of the doorbell cameras do not record at all the time. The basic principle of the doorbell cameras is that record at the time of movement. The doorbell cameras capture the movement of an object as they are motion-sensitive. They record a small clip when they feel any activity. On the movement of an object, the doorbell camera turns on and starts recording a clip.
After recording a video clip, the doorbell camera sends these videos to the connected smart device. The smart device can be one’s cell phone or a computer.
The doorbell cameras do not record all the time as it will require much space to save that video, and the doorbell camera does not have enough space.
In contrast, the full-time recording of the doorbell camera needs a subscription. In that case, the doorbell camera is connected to the cloud storage of the manufacturer. For that, you will have to pay a subscription fee for whatever term you want to avail that service. So to save such cost, people prefer short duration recordings by doorbell cameras.
Full-time recording doorbell cameras
Here we will discuss the doorbell cameras that record the whole day video. Few doorbell cameras are present in the market that provides a continuous video recording facility.
The full-time recording of the doorbell camera is possible. These doorbell cameras have the following features:
- The doorbell camera uses the cloud application of video saving. The cloud gives the maximum video and clip recording facility. Few doorbell cameras provide the local space for video saving instead of the cloud.
- There is no need to pay a monthly fee or annual charges while using the free full-time recording doorbell camera.
- All the videos are saved in the cloud, and you can access them at any time.
- The full-time recording doorbell camera has a 180-degree field. The wide field of the camera provides a large area coverage for the recording.
- Most of the recording cameras have 1080p HD video quality and provide a clear and close view of the video.
- One year warranty is mostly available on all these cameras.
- The Audio-video recording option is present in most cameras.
- High-quality sound and video recording make the cameras more effective for security purposes.
- Colorful night images and videos are also present in the new versions of the cameras.
- Few full-time doorbell cameras have very high-resolution power. They have the power of human detection too.
- Several doorbell cameras have 16GB of internal storage. They store the videos in the internal storage of the camera. The approximate recording time is 60 hours. After that time, it deletes the old video recording and over rights it with the new one.
- These cameras provide high-quality vision in the day as well as night videos.
- The video doorbell camera needs a battery supply. The battery duration is mostly large to make the cameras more useful for the customers. The battery does not lose much energy, which means the power consumption of the camera is less.